07 Sep Sweet Potato Donut
Sweet potato donut also widely known as kuih keria, is one of the many delicious traditional sweet bites found in Malaysia. Filled with the natural sweetness of sweet potatoes, this easy to make recipe will definitely make everyone into a sweet potato fan!
Preparation: 20 minutes
Cooking: 13 minutes
With your favorite cup of coffee for a sweet morning or afternoon treat!
|SAF-INSTANT™ Gold instant dry yeast||8g|
1. Steam the sweet potato until softened.
2. Leave aside to cool to room temperature.
PREPARE THE DOUGH
1. Place all the ingredients and steamed sweet potato in the mixing bowl.
2. Use spiral mixer and mix on low speed for 4 minutes and high speed for 6 minutes. The final dough temperature should be approximately 24˚C.
3. Divide the dough equally into 12 pieces, approximately 60gm each.
4. Cover the dough and let it rest for 10 minutes.
1. Shape each dough into round ball and set aside.
2. On a lightly floured surface, roll out the dough to approximately ½ inch thick and shape into donut. With a cookie cutter, stamp out the center of each dough if preferred.
3. Cover the dough and let it rest for 135 minutes at 30˚C and 80% humidity. The dough will double in size.
1. Preheat your oven to 200˚C.
2. Bake for 13 minutes at 180˚C or till risen and golden brown.
3. In a small bowl, combine the sugar and cinnamon. Toss the baked donuts into the cinnamon sugar mixture until evenly coated and ready to serve.